Friday 30 October 2009

My Review of Black Diamond Trail Shock Trekking Poles - Pair

Originally submitted at REI

These Black Diamond trekking poles combine a new shock system, double FlickLock adjustability and an ultralight diameter for year-round versatility.


Love these poles, easy to use

By paswines from Marlow, UK (and Redondo Beach, CA) on 10/30/2009

 

5out of 5

Gift: No

Pros: Easy to adjust, Strong, Lightweight, Flexible, Good grips

Best Uses: Hiking, Backpacking

Describe Yourself: Casual Adventurer

What Is Your Gear Style: Comfort Driven

These poles are great - easy to adjust, lightweight, and strong. I thought I'd broken one when I fell off the mountain on my trek to Machu Picchu (I was saved by the guide with me). On the way down, I could feel that the pole was caught between some rocks and I felt it bend. I was sure it was broken (or lost down the mountain), but it survived the fall as did I. My guide liked the poles so much, he asked to buy them. I figured that he had saved my life so he deserved the poles and I gave them to him. Now I need to get another pair for myself.

The poles and I made it to Machu Picchu

thumbnail

Tags: Picture of Product, Using Product

(legalese)

No comments: