This is a BIG plug for the charity dinner I'm hosting on 25 June 2009 (Thursday) at Cafe Strudel in Richmond.
Here are all the details -
I’ve pledged to Trek the Inca Trail on behalf of the charity, Classic FM Music Makers (registered charity number 1091657) in October this year.
Classic FM's Music Makers is a grant giving charity, formed in 2006, that raises money to fund music education and therapy projects working with the most disadvantaged children and adults across the UK. I know how much music has transformed my life, how it helps me through bad days, and helps me to celebrate triumphs. I’ve seen what Music Makers has done and want to help it in its mission.
However, before I can trek to Machu Picchu, I’ve got a fair amount of money to raise for the charity (at least £3,250 to be precise). As a fund-raising device, I’ll be hosting a charity dinner on Thursday, 25 June 2009 (dinner menu below), at Café Strudel. I hope that you’ll be willing to attend this dinnera a to help my cause.
Tickets are £45/person for a three-course dinner and entertainment (baroque and opera favourites). Almost all of the proceeds will go to Classic FM Music Makers (Café Strudel is ONLY taking enough to cover their costs – supplies and staff wages). Drinks are extra. You can book tickets by calling the restaurant at 020-8487-9800.
There will also be an auction and a raffle on the night to raise additional funds. I’ve already got some amazing things available for the auction, including:
• 1 week at my house in San Giorgio Scramapi (Piedmont), Italy – house sleeps 4 in 2 double bedrooms and a 5th can sleep in the lounge. (£500 value)
• champagne dinner for 2 at Café Strudel (£100 value)
• overnight stay (bed & breakfast) at the Crowne Plaza Hotel, Marlow, including use of their fabulous gym (£100 value)
• 2 golf lessons with Alasdair Barr, English Golf Union (EGU) coach to the British boys team, former coach of Luke Donald, the Ecuador amateur mens and womens team, among other things (£80 Value)
• Membership to Jancis Robinson’s “Purple Pages”, the members only section of her website (£69 value)
• Signed copy of “Jancis Robinson’s Wine Course” (£25 value)
• A Gold subscription to Wink Lorch’s “Wine Travel Guides” (£49 value)
The raffle will include bottles of wine, Classic FM CD’s and T-shirts, etc.
I need lots of people to attend, and ideally bring their chequebooks, too!
I really appreciate any help you can give me with this. I hope you will attend and that you’ll pass this invitation on to all your friends and contacts and encourage them to attend, too.
And for anyone who wants to just donate to my charity, I’ve got a web page at JustGiving.com (http://www.justgiving.com/paulasindberg) where you can donate online. In the alternative, cheques can be made out to “Classic FM Music Makers” and sent to me (8 Millbank, Mill Road, Marlow, Bucks. SL7 1UA).
Dinner Menu -
Chicken Liver Parfait With Rhubarb Chutney
Cucumber & Vodka Soup With Bloody Mary Sorbet
Pan Fried Chicken Supreme With Fine Green Beans, Rosemary & Garlic Roast New Potatoes,
Sour Cherries & Jus Gras
Bell Pepper Stuffed With Feta, Tomatoes, Spinach, Capers & Pine Nuts Served With Salad
Thanks for your help.